10 Ways to Make Monday Feel Less Like Monday
The weekend is over (if you even had a weekend) and you’re back to the grind. Mondays can be thought of as a fresh start or the kick off to a great week, but for some of us, Mondays might come with a hint of the blues.
Here are 10 ways to make your Monday feel less Monday-ish.
1. Wake up early enough to enjoy your cup of coffee. Rather than waking up with just enough time to get yourself together and get out the door, set your alarm clock a tab bit early so you can actually enjoy your morning. Which leads me to my next suggestion…
2. Take time to wind down Sunday night. If you are relaxed Sunday evening and get enough sleep you will wake up feeling much better come Monday morning.
3. Make time before or during lunch to get some fresh air. A quick walk outside or a visit to a local park doesn’t have to take longer than 30 minutes. Make the time to get out and enjoy a bit of the day.
4. Schedule an afternoon meeting for something you are looking forward to. Pick your favorite spot or somewhere you wouldn’t normally go to, schedule a necessary meeting and get going! This could be just what you need to break up your day and get you excited for the rest of the week.
5. Prep a few meals on the weekend. Having quality food ready to go means less fumbling around and last minute food decisions come Monday.
6. Go on a date. It could be with yourself, your significant other, your best friend, whoever! When you have a date that you are looking forward to your day will brighten.
7. Wind down with a warm bath. This easy at home spa treatment will leave you feeling pampered and relaxed. Add essential oils or Epsom salt for the full effect.
8. Dance. Crank the tunes and add some dancing to your day.
9. Read something for pleasure. Even if it is just for 15 minutes, getting lost in a book may be just what you need to take a quick break from a busy Monday yet get you ready to take on the rest of the day with vigor.
10. Light incense, sip a glass of tea (or wine) and just be. This simple act at the end of the day allows you to give gratitude for getting through another Monday and will get you ready for another week of productivity and success.